The physical Planning Department of the Ministry was established in 2011 after curving it out from the department of Planning, Research and Statistics.
The department is currently, being headed by a director who is a quantity surveyor and fully registered with both Nigerian Institute of Quantity Surveyors (NIQS) and quantity Surveyors Registration Board of Nigeria (QSRBN).
Functions of the department
- Participation in the annual budgetary preparation for the establishment/repairs and renovation or upgrade of physical infrastructures in hospitals and other related institutions
- Preparation of all physical structure development plan of the hospitals and other health institutions in the state including costing them
- Preparation of bills of quantities for hospital equipment, furniture and specialist services
- Responsible for the preparation of schedule of dilapidations and costing it
- Responsible for undertaking all direct labour projects
- Responsible for the preparation of contract documentation
- Responsible for the supervision of all capital and intervention projects
- Responsible for major infrastructural maintenance in hospitals and other health institutions in the state
- Responsible for raising payment certificates for all projects undertaken by either the Ministry or any donor intervention
- Responsible for the repairs and maintenance of utility services at headquarters
- Responsible for coordinating all correspondences related to physical planning with other MDAs like bureau of land management, KNUPDA, Due Process Bureau etc
- Keep track records of all the projects undertaken by the ministry including status of the projects, payments made and balance payments if there are.
- Performs any other duty assigned by the honourable commissioner
Units under the Department